Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day Thoughts

FOR TODAY

November 26,2009

Outside my window I am seeing the flicker of flashlights as my children and thier cousins play flashlight tag.

I am thinking  I did not eat that much Thanksgiving dinner and there is pie and ice cream calling my name.

I am thankful for the wonderful family that I have married into.

From the kitchen I am hearing my daughter pleading us to play Clue.

I am wearing a pair of very comfortable Levi's, light t-shirt and no socks.

I am creating Save the Date cards for a friends fundraiser.

I am going to try and sneak out and do some Christmas shopping tomorrw, maybe.

I am reading The Art of Racing in the Rain.

I am hoping this horrible cough goes away before I completely lose my voice.

I am hearing the football game playing on the t.v.

Around the house there are people milling around, playing games etc. Martha is scouring the floor looking for leftovers.

One of my favorite things left overs from Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, stuffing, cranberries with mayo on a roll.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I am going to put up the Christmas tree and hopefully get a headstart on the holiday planning.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/





2 comments:

  1. An evening full of the sights, sounds and feelings of comfort. So glad you didn't eat too much and had plenty of room for dessert!
    I totally agree on the leftover thing. That sandwich sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes your sandwich did sound awesome! Nice day.
    Loved your photo, but than I always do!
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes