Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Knife River, Minnesota Solstice Run

The Knife River Rec. Council held thier annual summer solstice run again this year and no I did not run. Sophia, my daughter decided that she would give it a try so with no training and my shoes she ran the 5k.
Got to give her credit, it was a tough course and she got her t-shirt.
This is her coming across the finish line. I half expected her to throw her brother off his bike half way and ride that across. Way to go girl!

From Each Day....

My cousin Christen ran the race also. This is her.....
From Each Day....

Her daughter Sophia and husband Brad cheering her on.
From Each Day....

Kenny Kendall ran it also. If you look closely his hand is cupped just like it would be if he was holding a beer. I personally like the glasses and swim trunks. Run, Kenny, Run!

From Each Day....

And my Sophia and I at the finish line. Tried to photoshop out those lines...didn't work. Oh, well.
From Each Day....

2 comments:

  1. Ah Krista you brought back fond, fond memories for me. My adult children used to run track and cross country. They did very well and won many trophies and ribbons all the while there mother (me) stood there cheering them on! I also remember the stress I felt for them and the relief when they were done!!!
    I didn't see that stress on your face! I was always worried that one of them would fall hard. But they never did. Good for Sophia, she looked calm, cool and collected at the end!!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the lines - those are called character lines and that's what makes you who you are - not someone else...

    ReplyDelete

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes