Friday, December 17, 2010

The attempt at a Christmas card picture....

I am a photographer.
I take pictures of other people's kids. It is what I do.
So tell me, why is it so difficult to get a photo of my own 3 children. Yes, I do take pictures of them all the time. Playing sport, being goofballs, playing in the yard etc. but never are they all clean and dressed for a "family picture" at the same time.

Thursday was a snow day which meant there was no school and no wrestling after school, I had an opportunity to get them on film. I completely gave up on trying to get them outside and it was just too cold to do it now.  I went ahead and set up the backdrop and the lighting all the while thinking how much fun it was going to be. I was really excited to finally have remembered to do this. It was all really short lived. The rolling of the eyes. Do I have to wear this shirt. BLAH  BLAH BLAH Can you hear the whining and complaining? The cat and dog where not cooperating either. They didn't even make it into the Christmas card.
From Each Day....

OK, even the dog has her eyes closed. Cannot use this one.
From Each Day....

If I hold the cat tight enough, he won't go anywhere. Nope, cannot use this one either.
From Each Day....

Mom,can we please be done? This shirt itches. I am tired. My eyes hurt...
From Each Day....
"If I take 1 more picture can I play my DS?"
MMMMM...NO. Get on the stool. Pose, we are having fun. SMILE!
From Each Day....

You are kind of cute you know?
MOOOOOOMMMMMMMM! Stop it!
From Each Day....

I am going take your picture. CLICK, CLICK, CLICK,
Carter, stop. Your making this take longer than it needs to. Sit still.
From Each Day....

Okay. Fine. How is this?
From Each Day....

Carter. Seriously look at the light.
From Each Day....

The Christmas card is off to the printer and I may actually get them in the mail before the New Year, but that just might be crazy talk.

2 comments:

  1. Oh you gave me a great laugh Krista! Thank you so much. That last one, look at the light, PRICELESS!!! I would have given up!!!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny. My daughter has four boys, and all I can say is TRY to take a picture of them all together! It's amazing that the human face can take such shapes is all that I can say.

    She finally resorted to photoshopping somebody's head from one picture into another. She did a good job. If she hadn't told me, I would never have noticed.

    Love the pictures. The ones with the cat are priceless. Keep 'em all. You can always use them for blackmail later! :)

    ReplyDelete

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes