Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh, how I wish was there.

I really could not handle one more snow picture. I can hardly even talk about snow.  My kids are finally going back to school on Wednesday with a 2 hour delay. 

I dug through my photos and came across the trip my husband and I took 2 1/2 years ago to the British Virgin Islands. We rented a sailboat for 2 glorious weeks. No kids. No responsibilities. No plans. We would wake up in the morning and have our cup of coffee on deck, check on the direction of the wind and decide if we wanted to sail somewhere. Usually it was to the closest tiki bar and beach.

This is a picture of the Boulders. It had great snorkeling and was the home of the best Pina Colada in the islands. Mad Dog. Good place. Loved that place.  Hmmm....YUM!
From Each Day....

From Each Day....
My husband puttering around in the dinghy, our little run about.
From Each Day....
Sweet Cheeks, our home away from home.
From Each Day....
This picture is of Mosquito Island. The island is owned by Richard Branson. He had just pruchased the island and was going to convert it to a Eco retreat. While we were there construction/remodeling had not started yet but is was very strange being on the island. There were buildings and furniture that was just abandoned. We spent the day on the deserted island.
From Each Day....

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how gorgeous! What a wonderful get-away. I love all of these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dream--to live somewhere like that! I am still in awe that you went away for 2 weeks like that--sounds fabulous but don't think I would want to come back!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos Krista and this does seem to be the time of year to be daydreaming. Just looking at your photos made me start to daydream, I am so sick of this snow and cold too! Nice trip!
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice dose of the tropics!!! Looks like you had a great time!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes