Thursday, March 18, 2010

They can all leave for college now.

It was a big day in the Mosby household. After many days of practicing to tie his shoes, we have have finally accomplished it. When I say we, I mean WE! The tears. The drama. The stomping of feet and storming out of the room in frustration. And that was just me, you can only imagine what Carter was doing. I was seriously beginning to think that he was never going to be able to go to college. Surely there is not a single perons  in college who cannot tie their own shoes, and my son was not going to be the first. Of course the answer to that was, well, not go to college. Simple as that! That is where we were headed this morning after the last "episode".

From Each Day....
The first big step, notce the smile.

From Each Day....
Notice the concentration. Tongue in cheek. He gets that from his dad.

From Each Day....

Working that tongue
From Each Day....


From Each Day....


From Each Day....
I was coming home from work and running a little late so I called the house to let the boys know and the little voice answers the phone. Hello? This kills me because he is anything but quiet and he says to me " I tied my shoes today." YEAH!!!!! This is cause for celebration and ice cream!


They can all swim, ride a bike and now tie their shoes.
Our work here is done.

7 comments:

  1. It truly is a milestone. You wouldn't believe the kids in our school who are this age and cannot tie their own shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the pride that my own children felt after this accomplishment! And before we know it they are saying goodbye and starting their own life. Oh crap, I made myself cry!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks very pleased with himself!
    I think some parents give up and only buy velcro strapped shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was beginning to think that there were going to be only slip ons in his future. He is a 3rd child though getting lost in the shuffle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that! it is so funny how these little things we take for granted as adults! YEAH!, ok..not come the hard part...drivers ed! am I getting a little ahead of myself...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACK! Drivers ed......ugh! I have a twelve year old. Not that far off. I keep telling her that she'll get to toodle around in the 10year mini-van. She was not amused.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. Tying shoes is such a milestone. I love the expressions on his face.

    I came visiting from Dianes blog.

    It looks like fun here!

    ReplyDelete

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes