Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kids, a ball and a dog. And a husband too!

Every day when we go to lacrosse Carter says "I wanted to play baseball".  Too bad kid, your playing lacrosse. Some days I swear he grows roots on that field, standing there twirling his stick..."Carter! Your not a majorette GO AFTER THE BALL!"  It's not that he does not want to play lacrosse, he really does not want to even play baseball what he really wants to do is play if flippin DS games. Bob and I let the boys sit out one season of sports, what a mistake that was. It was months of arguing about sitting around doing nothing.  Please don't go telling me about how kids need down time about how we over schedule our kids these days, they need time to be kids....blah, blah, blah. I think there are too many kids who have WAY TOO MUCH DOWNTIME. I work in a family therapy office, I see the kids that are left to their own devices.


Even Miss Lb.(Martha)  has had too much down time...she has put on a few too many lb's for her health, it was a long winter of hibernating. I dragged her to the field to walk while the kids practiced...she was very happy.

Even Bob came to visit. He thinks he is so cool. He is, but I'm not telling him that.




I have been working on my black and whites...can you tell? They are missing something. I think I am going to purchase some actions. Not sure which ones. A friend suggested Totally Rad Actions have you tried them? Do you have any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Ah Krista your kids are so beautiful! And I have no idea what "Actions" are ! But I am a huge fan of the black and whites. I think that I can just feel the emotion of the photo more than color. Your daughter is gorgeous! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they are beautiful photos! and i have no idea what action is. The only action I see is when i close my eyes lately....in my dreams! LOLOLOLOL anyway, I agree with you and down time! Kids don't need it. They will thank you for it when they are older and have kids of their own! They will remember the time you MADE them play lacrosse! They will thank you! Then make their kids play sports too! Darn video games! I remember when I looked forward to Saturday morning cartoons on the black and white tv for like 2 hours and then my mom would shut the tv off and say, ok enough now go out and play! so we did! until the street lights came on then we had to be in the house maybe watch another hour of tv usually Lawrence Welk then off to bed, well unless it was the big tv night with my dad and "The Twilight Zone"!

    ReplyDelete

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes