Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey Casserole

From November 12, 2011
First off...excuse the really bad photo.

Turkey leftovers. I think if I were to have fed my family another turkey dinner tonight they may have hog tied me and beat me with the drum stick. I found this recipe on line and "modified" it. It is really easy and pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

1 package of frozen veggies (10 ounces) thawed under running water
4 cups of cooked turkey diced up
1 package of egg noodles cooked
butter
1 medium onion chopped
8 ounces mushrooms chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 1/2 ounce)
1/2 cup milk
salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese..Monterrey jack or cheddar

Saute onions and mushrooms in butter until tender.

Blend soup, milk, curry powder and poultry seasoning and add to mushrooms and onions.

Add thawed veggies and turkey to pan and mix.

Add cooked noodles and stir. Pour mixture into a 9x13 buttered/greased pan and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.

Bake for 25 minutes @ 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes