Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 2 of the flooded kitchen

Today they came to start the clean-up from the water damage. The insulation has been removed from the basement. The duct work also had to be removed. They sprayed something that smells like lemon pledge to inhibit any mold growth, brought it fans, dehumidifiers and air scrubber.


Upstairs they have wrapped everything in plastic so that they can start removing the hardwood floors tomorrow.




They will also have a separate company come in to remove the granite counter tops on the island so that it can be removed also.
The bathroom has had all the fixtures removed and the hardwoods.
The laundry room is on the other side of the wall across the hall.
The design of the home is very open concept so blocking off doorways has been tricky. Tomorrow they will be running saws so the dust will be flying. I explained to the restoration folks very politely that I had just unpacked this home 3 months ago and I did not plan on doing it again. I wanted everything wrapped in plastic and I was not going to clean up the dust and I was not moving anything that they were going to have to do it. They were very understanding, they get it.

This is the prelim stuff. In 2 weeks they will empty the house out into a POD in the driveway and we will all be going to a hotel for 5 days. yipee skippee. 

This is Sam  in the kitchen, to get to the kitchen we have to go outside.



 Ozzy is not real fazed.

 Martha on the other hand is a little stressed....people are moving around. Furniture is moving....


My kitchen table is in the hallway?


4 comments:

  1. Oh dear what a thing to have to go through! All that I can think of to say is look ahead Krista. One day this will all be behind you and hopefully, it will all look great!!
    Good luck to you my friend. I will think of you eating your Cheerios in the hallway!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm new to your blog, do tell what happened???

    I'm so sorry.

    I will probably already know by reading your older posts by the time you respond. ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I will have to read day 1 to see what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Krista. I know those fans really well! I can't believe your cabinets are still in! Ours are still ripped out along with the floor. Acccckkk!

    I went to Costco today and got a bunch of premade stuff. Hoping it tastes good...it's still cheaper than eating out.

    Sending you a hug!

    ReplyDelete

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes