Friday, February 8, 2013

A little bit of Florence Chalk Paint



This is a little side table, occasional table, plant stand, ornate decorative bright and colorful whatever you want to call it if you figure it out let me know table.

PHEW!

Love painting these styles. Fun to paint and it goes pretty quick.

Instant results, instant gratification.

Bought it at auction a couple of weeks ago and of course my husband gave me the "really?" look.

It's OK, I am getting used to it.

Actually I think he is getting used to it.

Another plus on this style of table is that I can move it myself.  It does not take two of us to heft it to the basement then heft it to the store.

Here is the before....
Not bad, just boring.

And water stained.

But sturdy.

The after...

Thanks for visiting....

Krista

2 comments:

  1. I want to layer 3 colors, but the color paint i already have and would like to use as the base color (to save money) is a latex eggshell, not chalk paint. Will it work okay if i put the 2 colors of chalk paint layered over the latex??

    ReplyDelete

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes