Friday, August 20, 2010

Master Gabe, Part 3

The sun catcher that hangs over Gabes bed
From Each Day....

The kids and I have arrived at the beach. Oh, how I have missed it. The weather is beautiful and I am looking forward to wiggling my toes in the sand.

I am at my in-laws and they have this great little book called "Piddling's from the Pew" by their friend Ramon Redford.  Ramon would sit in the choir and make notes from the pastors sermon, turning them into a poetic format. I am pulling a page from his book to share with you, but especially Connie. The mid-west is getting pounded by storms especially in northern Minnesota. When the weather turns like this Gabe has real problems.

"Getting the Idea Across"
"The Lord has bared his holy arm before the eyes of all the nations; and all ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God"  Isaiah 52:10

A bolt of lightening from the sky
Alerts us to a storm
The setting sun defines the day
And leaves us feeling warm.

The doorbell rings and tells us
There is someone at the door.
The postman brings a letter-
From someone we adore.

The babbling brook accelerates
As it rushes to the sea.
A raging bull across our path
May make us turn and flee.

The way we live our lives
The message that we send,
Will leave our mark on the world
And justify our end.


From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

From Each Day....

3 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful post Krista. Very moving. I do hope you get to relax at the beach!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I want to apologize for being absent from your comment section the last several months, Krista. Keeping up with all the blogs is a daunting task for me at times.

    I understand your original feelings of intimidation, that I read of on your post " A Loving Mother", there is nothing in the world worse than children in distress of anykind.

    Your photos are memories in the making, which the family will cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All right, my dear... are you ever going to stop making me cry? I wonder if you truly know what a beautiful gift you have given me? God sure knew what He was doing when He put us together all of those years ago... I love you, my dear, from the very very bottom of my heart!!!
    Connie Lee

    ReplyDelete

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes