Sunday, March 20, 2011

A sad weekend.

A strange weekend.
Friday afternoon I got a message from my brother that my mother had fallen.
She lives in Minnesota and Minnesota = snow and ice. She slipped on the ice and broke her femur 4 inches below the hip which resulted in her having surgery to place a rod and screw. My mother laid up for the next 2 months is not good...for anyone. The woman is forever on the go and was to leave for Costa Rica on Thursday.
I hate being so far away from home when things like this happen.
I want to be there to help, to do anything.
I went digging through my pictures to show you and found these.
We went on a mission trip to South Africa in December of 2006 and had the best time and actually got pictures of us together. This is a rare occasion because I am usually the one taking the pictures and she is the one complaining about getting her picture taken.

This is us waiting in the airport in D.C.
From Each Day....
Cape of Good Hope...nothing like stating the obvious.
From Each Day....

This little girl grabbed my mother's hand and did not let go.
From Each Day....

From Each Day....

My baptism
From Each Day....
It was just a little chilly.
From Each Day....
My favorite picture of the two of us.
From Each Day....
Today, after I was outside working in the yard I came in and logged onto the computer and checked Facebook. I was so shocked to read that  classmate and friend was killed on his snowmobile yesterday. Just so hard to believe and just so sad. John, I pray for peace and comfort for your family. You will be sincerely missed by so many.

"May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields.
 And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand."


Traditional Gaelic Blessing

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you have had some tough news.
    I am so sorry about your friend. It is always tragic to have someone get killed in a senseless accident.
    Your Mom looks like someone who has a LOT Of energy, and charisma.
    I am sorry for her dilemma, but I bet it won't keep her down long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping that her recovery is quick and uneventful.

    Thanks for your well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your mom Krista. I pray that she heals quickly. She seems very active which can be a good thing when healing I will pray for her and your friend that you lost. It sounds like a sad time for you. Keep your Faith all we be well again. Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of the accidents, Krista. Hope the time of recovery goes by quickly for your mom. Having broke an ankle once, with a cast up past my knee, I speak from experience...the last 4 weeks of healing are the worst, that cast couldn't come off soon enough for me! Hope all goes well for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good heavens. I came here from Country Girl. My 96-year-old mom fell Sat. and broke her left femur just above her knee. She's got a rod in it now from her knee to her hip and her poor bones are so soft. I'm so worried about her; they just told me she's got pneumonia. She was and is in a nursing home. I'm 2 minutes away--it's stressful each way I'm sure. I pretty much feel I'd feel awful if I were away from her--and I still do being here with her. I'll pray for you mother--as I am mine.

    ReplyDelete

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes