Monday, March 26, 2012

Bad Dye Job

I really needed to get my hair done. I kept putting it off because I was trying to decide what I wanted to do with it. As you can see the roots were really growing out. A reverse skunk is what I call it.

 I decided that I would go back to my natural color. A light to medium brown seemed like a good choice. Low maintenance and no more roots showing. This is the picture I  showed my hairdresser.




I had Bob take before photos so I could see the difference.
I know, the roots.
Little did I know just what a difference it was going to be.

I never look at the back of my head, maybe I should.

I am smiling in this picture. Do not be fooled. I hate it. A lot.
When Bob was taking the picture he said I had to smile.

This is the color after 3 washings of Dawn detergent and Prell shampoo.

I asked for a light to medium brown, I would hate to find out what black looks like. And red. I was very clear....NO RED HUE!


Can you see the pained look from trying to keep from crying?

I am going to go wash my hair again.

3 comments:

  1. I LIKE it!!!

    I think it makes you look younger and has a much more natural look for your skin tone.

    It IS a bit darker than medium brown for sure, but I really do think it suits you nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's pretty, makes your eyes stand out. I've been through these kinds of dye jobs and also discovered that the color turns out much darker than intended. I was jet black, by mistake, at one point. I think I've had hair every color imaginable, some by accident.

    You wear it well. Enjoy the dark brunette stage while it lasts.

    Your cut looks fantastic.

    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Krista I so DISAGREE with you!!!! I think the color is beautiful on you and it does make you look younger. Maybe you just need more time to get used to it, it is a big change after all.
    When I first saw it I thought "OH BEAUTIFUL!". Really it looks great, leave it!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

“Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ― Rachel Ann Nunes